I was recently on an amazingly cool dating radio show hosted by Suzanne Casamento, founder of Fantasy Dating.
If you don’t know what Fantasy Dating is — I suggest you watch this HILARIOUS video. You won’t be sorry.
Here is your list. Check it off, one by one.
1. Join a summer sports league. You know that people come crawling out of the woodwork when the weather gets nice, so take advantage. It’s a two for one. You get a workout in and you have the potential to meet someone.
2. Summer concerts! You already know someone you meet will like the same music as you — so go ahead, tap someone on the shoulder. It worked for me — wanna hear my story?
3. Hit the conventions! Comic-con, ScareFest, get political, get freaky, find something you like and go meet a whole bunch of people who like the same thing. Conversation should be easy. Superman…so nice to meet you!
4. A little vino would be keeno! Hit wine country or check out some local vineyards near you. A little liquid courage never hurt anyone. Just don’t over do it.
5. Speaking of drinking — take a trip to Louisville and hit the bourbon trail. While you are there, check out the only underground cave zip lines.
6. Take a cooking class. Normally, these fill up with women, but…you could meet a girl that knows a guy — or at least fine tune some fab appetizer recipes and see the next tip!
7. Plus ONE cocktail party. Get a group of your best single friends and throw in some acquaintances and have a plus one cocktail party. Everyone has to bring a single friend.
8. Join a gym — a better body is motivation that lasts. You know you feel good when you look good and are strong. Bonus — you will feel better and exude confidence.
9. Enlist the help of your friends. Gather the troups and let everyone know that you are ready to be hooked up with someone amazing. Sit back and wait for the magic.
10. Tinder, Match, eHarmony, JDate, Christian Mingle — whatever floats your boat. Sign up and start dating! Everyone is doing it.
11. Plan a solo trip with a singles group. Nothing like diving right in the ocean. You know, one of my good friends met her husband on a photography tour of Italy. They’ve been together 12 years now.
12. Affirmations. I know, stop it Stuart Smalley — but it works. Take some time and find all the best motivational meme’s out there and put one as your phone wallpaper every day. It will boost your confidence and motivate you to be proactive.
13. Meetup Groups — love wine and cheese? Checkers? Star gazing? There is a meetup group for that! Go check them out — you never know who you might meet!
14. Volunteer – Habitat for Humanity, Pet rescue — whatever floats your boat. You’ll feel great helping others and you’ll most likely meet a new friend and you know when you expand your friend base, you increase your odds of meeting someone else.
15. Double Dog Dare — Dare yourself to say hello to one new person each day. Hello person in the coffee line. Practicing being friendly will open doors for more.
16. Visualize the prize — let yourself daydream on your perfect match. Focus on the qualities you are looking for. Picture yourself and your ideal partner in a life you’d like the live. Imagine it and pretend it’s real. One day, it will be.
17. Trick yourself — what’s your favorite food? Got it? Now, you can’t eat that food until you’ve talked to five strangers. Are you hungry yet? It can’t be just any old person off the street — has to be, someone you’d like to meet.
18. Scare yourself — life is short. What if it all ended tomorrow? What would you do differently today? Or – what if you had 5 years to live? Would you try harder to find love? Be less picky? Put yourself out there more.
19. Say goodbye to excuses — the time is now. You aren’t tired. Get out there. You can sleep when you are dead.
20. Steady sex, a BFF, a standing date, flirting, a lifetime of adventure with the man of your dreams! This can all be yours — if you GET OUT AND GET MOTIVATED!